Pages

Thursday 2 July 2020

Home Economics - Ginger Bread Men

Last week in Home Economics we got to pick what we wanted to make for our kiwi baker work. I chose ginger bread men because I din't know what else to make cause I wanted to make something hard and so I didn't know any recipes that could be made within an hour. So what I had to do was I sended the recipe to Mrs Hindson our teacher for cooking and she had to print it off for when I start making the ginger bread men. Not everyone could make their own recipe because there isn't enough workstations for everybody but mine got excepted because from past experiences when I made them at home for over the holidays from coronavirus. When we got to cooking on Thursday the week after that I got my recipe and then washed hands and everything else like per usual. Then I got the ingredients for the dough for the ginger bread men, I could only make the dough at school because the dough needs to cool down in the fridge for another half an hour and ect... Here is the recipe for the ginger bread men dough.

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1tbsp ground ginger
1 cup soft brown sugar
150g butter, cubbed
1 egg
1tbsp golden syrup

Method:
Place the flour, baking soda, ginger and brown sugar in a bowl or food processor. Add the butter and rub in with fingertips or pulse in food processor until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg and golden syrup and stiror pulse to mix. If the dough is sticky, add a little more flour until it forms a workable dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. 

If you want the full recipe here is the link.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.