Pages

Saturday 5 June 2021

English - Alliteration

This week in English we have been learning about figurative language. The third activity that we had to do was about alliteration. What we had to do was to highlight the alliterations and finish sentences with my own alliterations. Here is the work that I have completed.


Highlight the alliterations in each of the following sentences:

  1. The sun sizzled the swimmers skin.

  2. I accidentally ate an awful apple.

  3. Beth borrowed Barry’s books before biology. 

  4. Slipping and sliding, I stumbled in the snow and slush.

  5. Many mysterious men mumbled messages.

  6. The gallant goat gobbled gobs of garbage greedily. 

  7. The rapidly rising river rushed rampantly.


Finish these sentences with your own alliterations:

  1. Red roses are raising rapidly smelling like relish

  2. While wandering, walking through a winter wonderland

  3. The tired traveller travelled through the torturing trenches


What I have learnt?
- I have learned alot more about what alliteration are and what they are used for. I also have learned how to finish sentenced using my own alliterations.

How does this work show my learning?
- It shows that I have completed all of my work that has been assigned for me above and It shows my learning on this blog post.
What am I wondering?
- I am not wondering about anything at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.