Pages

Friday 27 September 2019

Orana Wildlife Park

On Tuesday 3 classes called Sh, Ts and Wh went to Orana wildlife park for the day. We left school at about 8:45 and we went on the bus and I sat next to my friend Cody. When we were in the bus we were drawing and writing in our books because we were bored. The teachers didn't allow us to take photos but I still brung my phone and I sneaked some photos without them knowing. From my perspective I think that it is really rude.

When we got there we got into lines in classes and the tour guide woman told us not to feed the animals because it will make them sick and she said if the birds come to you looking hungry dont give it to them because they have already been feed. After that we followed the tour guide to the eating area to drop our bags off and we had some morning tea. Then each class got another tour guide person for the day. Our tour guide name was Richard and each time we saw an animal he gave us about 3 facts about them.

Here are some of the animals that we saw.

The first animal we saw was the Kea's when we first got in there all I could hear was the water were they give themselves a clean. There were 3 kea's but we only saw 2 the sound that they make is really cool and there wings were orange underneath. When I got a point of view of the Kea I took my phone out and took some photos when the teacher wasn't looking.

The other animal that we saw was the gorilla at the end of the trip it was funny because 1 of the gorillas was picking its nose and then eating eat and then also he picked the boogers from his fingers and then ate them. The other gorilla pooed on the ground then picked it up and ate it. It was disgusting.

The teachers said we had to tell you at least 3 facts about some animals

The 1st fact was that Gorillas live around 35 years, they can also live longer up to 50 years in captivity

The 2nd fact was that giraffes can run as fast as 35 miles an hour over short distances or cruise at 10 mph over longer distances


The 3rd fact was that the roar of a lion can be heard from 8 kilometres 

Here are some photos that I took of the animals on my phone without teachers knowing for you people.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.